January 3, 2009

Chrismas 2008

Gingerbread House creation with NO adult supervision!


"Cute" Trevin


Aunt Heather with Halli



"soft" Lexi

Brenden & baby Halli

Rudy, Trevin & Lexi

Halli loves the lights on the tree!

Taelor & Brenden

Halli's 1st Christmas


Christmas is my favorite time of year. Always has been and always will be. This year I didn't start my shopping until December 19th at 6pm during a blizzard. I didn't get all my cards sent and when I started to panic after reviewing my "to do" list, I calmed myself down by taking a permanent marker and crossing off each thing that would end up making me work myself to the point of having to stay in bed and recuperate. I practiced my new way of doing things so that I wouldn't "over-do - crash - and burn!" I enjoyed our Christmas Eve and Christmas day because it was spent with my husband, children and grandchildren. I pondered the Christmas story as we read it from the Bible on Christmas Eve. On Christmas morning all of the adults were up before the kids (first time in history) and we finally woke them up at 6:30. My favorite time was when everyone was together in the family room and the noise level was NOISY! I watched the reactions on the faces as they opened their gifts. An extra gift for me . . . it snowed all day. What a beautiful white Christmas. I again watched their faces in the glowing candlelight around the dinner table and I felt at peace. Even though I went to bed before 7:30 pm, I had enjoyed the wondrous holiday. I feel so much gratitude for family, friends, neighbors, and especially our Savior Jesus Christ. May we all feel his light and peace in our lives.















































No comments: